1. Get other related websites related to your website. For this
it is interesting to perform a search for those terms that you consider should
bring traffic to your website and study which of them have complementary
content. If for example, you want to position yourself by the term
“hairdressing Madrid” it can be interesting to try to get backlinks
from hairdressers from other cities. The theme will be similar and you do not
run the risk of “cannibalization”.
2. Register in important directories such as Dmoz and Yahoo !.
The directories have lost much interest in search engines but they are still a
good starting point to get links or a first crawl of your website by search
engines. Both require a human filter for inclusion, which ensures the quality
of the added websites, but also slows down and hinders their inclusion.
3. Register and participate in forums, preferably in thematic
forums related to the activity of your website. The frequent participation must
be accompanied by real and valuable contribution to be taken into account as a
qualified user, the detail of the success to get visits and increase
positioning is the link to your website presented in your signature.
4. Write articles on other websites. Articles are a very
powerful method to improve positioning and attract visitors. If you can write
some articles of a course, the tricks of the day, the usefulness of the product
of your website.
5. Right now there are hundreds of social networks, for example
Hi5, Facebook and, Orkut, in which to participate and get visits from our new
«friends». For Google Twitter and Facebook, the most relevant social networks
are for positioning.
6. Create quality content with texts that contain high density
of keywords with which web users or potential customers seek services or
products from this site.
7. Use bold or italics in the contents for the keywords that are
intended to position.
8. Use the “meta” tags (description and title) with
the keywords, strategically chosen beforehand.
9. Use headers h1, h2, h3, etc. to highlight important terms, or
titles. You should use keywords in the headers.
10. Optimize the URLs, we place the most important and significant
keywords for the search.
11. Carry out the structuring and design of a web page thinking
about positioning, means paying attention to that it is functional, easy to
access and that captures the user’s attention.
12. Create a clean web design in advertising and deliver the
relevant content in the upper half of the website1
13. Make our website as accessible as possible: limit content in
or tracking of information by the robot in the different pages or sections. For
them they are a flat space through which you can not navigate.
14. Create unique titles and relevant descriptions of the content
of each page. Each page is a business card for the search engine. The titles
and descriptions are starting points for the identification of the relevant
terms throughout the web by search engines. Best practices recommend writing
titles between 60 and 70 characters.
15. Link internally the pages of our site in an orderly and clear
manner. A “sitemap” in the code (both Google and one present in the
site) will allow the search through the different sections of the site in an
orderly manner, improving its visibility.
16. Update the page with original quality content.
17. Exchanging content.
18. Generate traffic through SEM (Search Engine Marketing) or ads
in search engines with the words considered key to the website. Likewise,
generate traffic through social networks and ads segmented in the same and
other pages of interest.
19. Optimize the load time of a website to achieve bandwidth
reduction and Adwords CPC, increase the conversion rate and improve search
20. Improve the user experience with design improvements and
decrease in bounce rates.
21. Host the web on a reliable server.
Using a correct website labeling is vital for a